David Leonardi, M.D., is the world authority in Vitality and Longevity Medicine. A graduate of the University of Miami School of Medicine, he completed his internship in Internal Medicine and residency in Emergency Medicine at an affiliate hospital of the University of California, San Francisco. In 1986, Dr. Leonardi came to the realization that we can and must do far more for age-related disease than last-minute heroics. To that end, he left the field of Emergency Medicine for Family and Preventive Medicine and in 1997 entered the full-time practice of Vitality and Longevity Medicine. In 2003 he founded the Leonardi Institute, offering the world’s most effective and evidence-based preventive medical programs. Dr. Leonardi is board certified in Anti-Aging Medicine, is a Certified Nutrition Specialist and a professional member of the American Diabetes Association. He has authored along with Dr. Nathan Daley the book: Alzheimer’s, Memory Loss and MCI: The Latest Science for Prevention and Treatment. He is currently authoring another book: No One Dies of Old Age: The Cycle-Breakers® Program for Vitality and Longevity.
Doctor Leonardi is in high demand as a corporate speaker. In addition to speaking at national and international physician conferences and for private corporations, he has delivered over 100 seminars to the World Presidents Organization, Vistage International and Vistage Canada, organizations of chief executive officers.
In Addition, Dr. Leonardi holds 4 patents for medical devices which have been used in the U.S. for the past 23 years. He is happily married with 2 children. He is an avid downhill skier and cyclist. Dr. Leonardi’s passion is to continue research and development and the expansion of his programs to bring Vitality and Longevity Medicine to the mainstream.
- Hormone Modulation, Low Glycemic Nutrition and Exercise Instruction: Effects on Disease Risk and Quality of Life: Journal of Anti-Aging Medicine, Volume 4, Number 4, 2001 (Published January 2002)
- Use of the Tilt Test as Measure of Volume Depletion: Annals of Emergency Medicine November 1979.
- State of the Heart, a presentation of the latest risk factors for coronary heart disease and their management: Executive Health and Wellness Magazine, November, 2005
Speaking engagements since 1998 on topics of Nutrition, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Preventive Medicine and Glucose Metabolism:
- Evidence-Based Use of Brain Specific Nutrients. 1st International Conference on Integrative Approaches to the Prevention of Alzheimer’s Disease; Oct 12, 2003. Tempe, AZ
- 2003 Dr. Barry Sears Lecture Series for Health Care Professionals
- Korean Society for Preventive and Age-Management Medicine. 8-hour seminar on Nutrition, Exercise and Hormone Modulation. August, 2003
- 2nd International Workshop on Insulin Resistance. Poster presentation: Hormone Modulation, Low Glycemic Nutrition and Exercise Instruction: Effects on Disease Risk and Quality of Life
- The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine: July 1999, Dec. 1999, July 2000, December 2000, July 2001.
- The University of California, San Diego Anti-Aging Conference: 2001 and 2002
- The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, 2000
- The American Society of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgeons, 2000
- The Academy of Anti-Aging, Japan, 2001
- The American Association of Facial Plastic Surgeons, 2001
- Hong Kong World Professionals Organization: 2004
- Hong Kong Rotary Club: 2004
- Aspen Center for Integrative Health Annual Seminar: Summer, 2004
- Aspen Center for Integrative Health Annual Seminar: Summer, 2005
- Colorado Springs subchapter, World Professionals Organization: 2005
- Colorado Chapter, World Professionals Organization: 2005
- Vistage International organization of CEOs. 100 Seminars between 2007 and 2011
- Ensign Energy Customer Appreciation Luncheon, 2009 and 2011
Television and Radio Interviews:
- KAJX Aspen Public Radio, Live Interview, Summer 2005
- Fox Radio, Denver, CO. Live Interview 11-16-05
- KCNC Television, CBS affiliate Denver: 11-04
- KAJX Aspen Public Radio, Live Interview, Summer 2004
- WB2 News, Denver, CO Television Interview 5-16-04
- Interviewed with brief appearance on:
- Lifetime Television’s New Attitudes, January 2001
- CBS’ 48 Hours, July, 2000
- KUVO Jazz Public Radio, Denver, CO, 2011